Sunday, September 02, 2007

Our First Anniversary Together

Today, September 2, 2007 is the first anniversary of The Morning Meeting. According to Dashboard, including this post, I have published 249 posts in one year. I didn't think I had that much to say, indeed, the blog wouldn't exist without all of you. I can honestly say that the blog has survived life, death, surgery, and little children.

I have always known that I could think, but the years in grad school beats the academic drone into one's writing, and to this day I find writing a chore, not the thinking part. I keep writing because I think one day it will get easier; maybe next year. And maybe next year will be the Redskins' year too.

Happy New Year to all of us, I am so happy to have met you! And here's to next year, may it be even better.

20 comments:

mist1 said...

Did you make a football reference?

Please talk about shoes or something tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

The CEO said...

Mist, my 6" stilettos made it a whole year!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you! 249 out of 365 ain't bad...

The CEO said...

Happy New Year Alison! Let's have a beer.

Wicked H said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!!

To celebrate, we should truly concrete yours and my first meeting. Although this is the week of the change in power, so you know I may have more free time than I know what to do with very soon. Either that or I can finally plan a stable retirement portfolio knowing my gig is finally stable.

In any case, perhaps indeed the Redskins will at least better their record from last year.

Happy New Year and the pleasure is indeed ours, Monty.

Glamourpuss said...

Happy birthday.

Puss

The CEO said...

Wicked, I am available. We can talk about your retirement portfolio and your gig too.

Puss, thank you. I have some Belgian chocolate seashells here for you.

Margaret said...

Happy New year! Redskins? Perhaps.

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary CEO!!! Goooooo Redskins!!

The CEO said...

Hi Sophie, welcome aboard. I like your blog a lot!

Pool, come have wine and cookies! Go 'Skins!

Echomouse said...

Happy Blogaversary! :)

The CEO said...

Hi Echomouse, it's always good seeing you here. Care for some wine and cookies?

MJ said...

Congratulations on your year anniversary !! Ü

The CEO said...

Thanks MJ, it's good to see you out and about.

cmhl said...

happy anniversary!

The CEO said...

Thank you CMHL, you were my first comment. You called blogging 'addictive. You were correct, as usual.

Echomouse said...

Damn...I can't drink wine anymore. But cookies ... gladly!!!

The CEO said...

How about a cup of green tea and some cookies with me then Echomouse?

Odat said...

Happy First!!!!! Way to go!!!
and thanks for being a good friend!
Peace

Monty said...

Thank You, Odat. And thanks for being my friend too.