Monday, February 11, 2008

Time To Stand Up And Be Counted

Today is the Maryland Primary, and I will once again go in and vote. It's the first time since I have been married, which happened two days before recorded history began, I will not be voting with my wife. My wife, in her infinite wisdom (almost as infinite as the State of Maryland, but not quite as much, she's only one person you know) decided to answer the call and be a Closing Judge at the Polls. Turns out, she is a Closing Judge at our Polling Place. She's voting in the morning while I'm at work, so she can be a Judge when I come home and I vote. Theoretically, she could challenge my credentials and challenge my identity. In practice, the lady who sits behind my letter has been there for years, and she will automagically pull Judy's card with mine. Is she going to be surprised tomorrow when Judy's card isn't there. That will cause more commotion that anything, explaining to her what happened.

This brings me to my real point. I have been barraged by phone calls telling me why I should vote for a particular candidate. Every candidate. Candidates I can't vote for. In Maryland, in the primaries, you register for a political party, and vote in their primary only, there's no crossing over. So Democrats only get to choose between Hilary Clinton and Barack Obama while the Republicans chose between Mike Huckabee and John McCain. In the Great State of Maryland, In Its Infinite Wisdom, you can also vote for none of the above for people like me, that think that CMHL should have run. Unfortunately, I don't think she's 35 yet.

It's a shame. I don't have to vote for her because she's a woman, or a ex-war vet, or anything else, no, I can just vote for her because she's smarter than I can ever hope to be and she is unbelievably competent. The perfect President. Now that's my kind of candidate. I'm going to call it a night, I have to go to work, and then vote. I never miss an opportunity to vote MY conscience.

5 comments:

heartinsanfrancisco said...

You can always vote for Paul Simon since Beethovan's dead and all.

cmhl said...

oh ceo, I celebrated the 5th anniversary of my 35th birthday last month! but thank you for the compliment!

The CEO said...

Hearts, I follow your logic, but I'd hate to deprive the wold of any music that Paul Simon might write.

CMHL, I'm so glad you got me before I voted.

Odat said...

Good thinking CEO! lol
Peace

The CEO said...

Good seeing you, Odat!