Saturday, March 01, 2008

Open Grove Claudia's Meme

**Start Copy
Here are the rules:

You are about to send a virtual Message In a Bottle across the Blog Ocean. Leave a message in the sand or on the bottle. Write anything you wish. Be a pirate or a poet. Serious or silly. Anonymous or not.

What message would you like to send out to the universe?


Message In A Bottle Meme


1. Compose a message to place in your virtual bottle
2. Right click and Save the graphic below
3. Use a graphics program of your choice to place the message on the picture
4. Post the meme and these rules on your blog
5. Return your "Message In a Bottle" to me via email ~ mimiwrites2005 at yahoo.com, sign the Mr. Linky below and leave a comment HERE telling me you've finished. IF YOU WANT YOUR MESSAGE TO BE ANONYMOUS PLEASE SAY SO.
6. Tag a minimum of five people - or your entire blogroll - to do the same. Notify them of the tag.






I'm sending two messages, Tempus Fugit, or Time Flies in Latin; and This Too Shall Pass, demonstrating that everything in life is temporary. I once tried to quantify 'Time Flies' by looking at the difference in how long it takes for a year to pass for a 10 year old versus say a 50 year old. Think along the lines of Y = (1/x)**2 where Y is a year, and x is the age of the person. The ten year old is in school, and school lasts forever, yet summer flies by. A year for a 50 year old moves at a speed that feels like it's just about the speed of light. This explains the inverse of your age, the squaring just makes the point stronger.

As for This Too Shall Pass, it may feel like a kidney stone while it's passing, but everything, in time, does pass.

Anyone that wants to do this, enjoy yourself.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just the kind of message I needed right now. Thanks Monty!

Open Grove Claudia said...

This is wonderful! I knew you'd do an amazing job - and look! Whoo Hoo!

Gosh 14 hr days plus certification? You're gaining my old 100 hr a week habits. Good luck with it. I so admire your willingness to take on this new challenge. I think you're doing really great.

I'd love to read a post about your take on the economy. I find people working on the front lines always have such a better feel for things.

Well done! And enjoy your week!

Glamourpuss said...

'This too shall pass' is a favourite of mine, too.

Good choice.

Puss

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Great combination!



Carpe diem

In a hundred years, none of this will matter.

Odat said...

Wonderful, wonderful messages! Both of which I know!
Peace

skinnylittleblonde said...

Great, uncomplicated meme! I like the pic, as well as your message. Ironically enough, I have said those exact words 'This too shall pass' many, many times of recent... so I'll take it as a reminder not to hold on too tightly.