Thursday, April 09, 2009

I Ask You Once Again

My dear friend Carrie (Echomouse) lost her beloved cat Teddy to cancer on Monday. For those of you who live with an animal, who have made it a part of your life, you know that she has lost a family member, and is suffering enormously. For those of you who have never had the experience, I can never explain to you the pain and suffering Carrie is going through.

If you choose to read the memorial she has written to Teddy, you will get a glimmer of understanding. I am asking that you go to her blog, and leave your condolences. That is all. Having been in her position before, I can tell you that it helps to get comfort from everywhere because everything seems terribly unfair.

If the blogosphere is to have real meaning, we need to tend to our own. Compassion is essential in the blogosphere for without it we truly undermine the vitality we try to nurture.

If you are a lurker, please go to Carrie's blog, and simply offer your condolences, I won't hastle you to comment here.

Thank you for doing this, from the bottom of my heart!

5 comments:

Echomouse said...

Dear Monty,
Thank you so much. I'm so sorry for your losses too. And I dreaded telling you about Teddy because I know how much you loved him too.

It just sucks all the way around.

I'm reading backwards to see how you and Judy are faring.

{{Hug}} dear friend.

Mel said...

((((((( Monty ))))))))))

Cuz it's hard, I know.....

The CEO said...

Hi Carrie, take your time, I'll always be there for you.
{{{{{ Carrie }}}}}

Hi Mel, yes it is, and who would know better than you. I am so glad you're in my life.

katherine. said...

heading over there now....

"Compassion is essential in the blogosphere for without it we truly undermine the vitality we try to nurture."

well said Monty!

The CEO said...

Hi Katherine, thank you.