Amytree has seen fit to tag me with this lovely little time-filler: all you need to do is raid Wikipedia for interesting (or not so interesting) things that happened on your birth date. Then add this list, take the top person off and add your blog on the bottom. List 3 events, 2 births and 1 holiday that happen (or happened) on that date. Then tag 5 other people!
The Expatriotic Expatriot
The Morning Meeting
Three Events: (I threw in 2 extras because of their monumental nature)
1066 - William the Conqueror invades England: the Norman Conquest begins.
1871 - Brazil passes law freeing future children of slavery.
1. 1779 - American Revolution: Samuel Huntington is elected President of the Continental Congress, succeeding John Jay.
2. 1781 - American forces backed by a French fleet begin the siege of Yorktown, Virginia, during the American Revolutionary War.
3. 1787 - The newly completed United States Constitution is voted on by the U.S. Congress to be sent to the state legislatures for approval.
1. 551 BC - Confucius, Chinese philosopher (d. 479 BC)
2. 1954 - Steve Largent, American football player and U.S. Congressman
(For the year I was actually born, there was no entry)
Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday).
And my tags go to: