Monday, January 22, 2007

We're Back

It's been almost two days since we lost the Internet. The snow started, and the Internet access around here went down. The wrong kind of reliability.

Something else of interest. I am not a smoker. The State of Maine has passed a law saying that you can be fined $50 for smoking in your car if there is a minor (a person under the age of 18) in the car with you. I am not saying that smoking is good for kids. I am more interested in what will be next that you can't do in a car if there is a minor in there. How about eat a hamburger, or drink a Coke? How will a cop know if it's a Coke or a rum and Coke?

Or do I just live too close to the lunatics and I need to move closer to sanity?

10 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

If you find out where sanity lives, let me know.

Wicked H said...

Call me a purist. Can't we spend this type of energy catching real criminals and stuff?

Seriously.

mist1 said...

There is no place free of lunatics.

The CEO said...

I'm waiting. The Great State of Maryland will be the one that passes a law making it illegal to write and publish a post on the Internet in your underwear. That could be my swan song, assuming they let swan's sing, and they believe I'm a swan.

WanderingGirl said...

And if there is a place free of lunatics, I plan to move there.

cmhl said...

hmmmm, what about the 3 year old in the backseat that has no voice about whether his mom can be firing one up in the front seat or not?

The CEO said...

Is that like no taxation without representation?

The weather's getting bad here, and the internet connection is getting shaky, just in case we disappear again. I did get a gallon of Jack Daniels, food for the soul.

Glamourpuss said...

You need to move closer to sanity. My couch is free and large, bring wife and kitty. I have gin.

Puss (Humming 'Mad Dogs & Englishmen')

M@ said...

My dad would get annoyed when one of us complained about his cigarette smoke. I wonder why everyone has asthma, he said.

How times have changed.

Crankster said...

Much of my childhood was spent moving from point a to point b in the traveling smokehouse that was my father's car.

I survived with minimal damage. Maine needs to get its collective head out of its citizens'...cockpits.