Thursday, September 28, 2006

Humita Humita

Pending further notification and due to fast breaking news, this post is under rapid development and will be available for your edification sometime this afternoon. Stay tuned for impending news.

9:50 am Breaking News the Dow Jones traded briefly above it's old high 0f 11722 while John Thane, President of the New York Stock Exchange was on the floor. As soon as he left, the Dow dropped and boredom was restored.

In other news, once again Avast! has won all awards as the best anti-virus software in the world both personal and commercial. If you are a home user, you can use it for free. Please note that my advertising isn't up yet, and this is for real. Here is the Avast site!

Finally, Happy Birthday.

10:54 am Breaking News the quarter ends tomorrow, have you funded your IRA yet? The DOW is now negative, a good buying opportunity! Also breaking, Secret Girlfriend has left to get married. If you lurk, here's your chance to leave her a wish for a happy life. Secret Girlfriend's blog is easy to get to, click on her underlined name. Leaving a smooch is always fashionable before a wedding!

12:13 pm Breaking News the DOW is down 23 and investigators from HP just took the Fifth in front of Congress, all of them. Congress looks like they need an Easy Button.

Which brings me to a more pertinent question I get asked a lot. Am I a cop? No, I am also not a secret agent. I put cops and secret agents at ease by asking them if i look like a cop or a secret agent. I can generally get two martinis down and smoke a joint before they can get up off the floor. I had this tough old Sergeant from Tactical (I have no idea, but I am glad he thinks I'm funny) laughing so hard he dropped his bridge, and was crying. I do fly combat on the Beltway with other folks, but that's a different post. I can't wait to get the new photon torpedo array for the car for The Morning Rush.

2:34 pm Breaking News the DOW is up 17 points and drifting. Patrician Dunn, former CEO of HP is telling 'her' story to Congress. Everyone doesn't care anymore and is looking for a nap or a shower. We are calling a halt to our tick by tick broadcast of the trading day with the hopes that it may happen tomorrow. Mark Hurd of HP will be testifying later, and who cares. Like, we all trust big companies explicitly. They have our best interests at heart, and they never lie, wear white hats, and always ride off into the sunset. I'll bet bitacle is a corporation. Me, I'm gonna blog for a while. Phoenix Hearse is going to get her 100th post on Friday, possibly, so get a good seat now. I need to catch up over at Mist's blog, I'm way behind over there, and that's not good. Missing some of my blogging buddies is like not having chocolate, or oxygen.

5:21 PM Breaking News The Dow closed up 29 points, 4 points off the old closing high. Maybe tomorrow. Congress, in extensive testimony of HP CEO Mark Hurd has just discovered that people in our society no longer talk to each other. We send text messages, e mail, we blog but we leave actual talking to politicians running for political office. And that's why these hearings are on TV. You read it here first, at 5:25 pm, on The Morning Meeting. Thank You, and Good Night.

Stay tuned for more breaking news later on today or tomorrow or whenever!

17 comments:

mist1 said...

The Morning Meeting better not interfere with The Afternoon Nap or The Weekly Shower.

Anonymous said...

Weekly Shower! *high fives Mist1*

The CEO said...

We have Fredom of Showering and Napping here. You want to be well rested and sqweaky clean for The Big Event. Will you be bringing Mist2 with you? Reservations are required, you know.

Anonymous said...

dear ceo: thank you for granting my 2 wks vacation request. i've cleared my desk, forwarded my calls and wrapped up all loose ends.

by the way, the blueberry muffins will be coming to your attention. this doesn't mean you get to eat them all. you must share with the rest.

ta-ta! (see you on or after 10/17)

mist1 said...

Mist 1 and Mist 1.1 well rested, unshowered and reporting.

Cindy said...

You get asked a lot? Or just once?

The CEO said...

Cinders, cop once; secret agent (we call them spooks here), lots. I just look the type. All spys look, well average.

mist1 said...

I am fixed. Watching the ticker. Really could use a shower, but cannot move. Have not even poured a glass of wine yet.

With the state of the DOW, I guess it's safe for everyone to tuck away those suicide notes, save them for later.

Cindy said...

That's funny, here "spooks" is an old-school deragatory term used by racist step grandparents.

The CEO said...

Here, they work for the CIA, the DIA, the NCIS, the ACIS, and a whole host of other agencies. And they comes in all sizes, shapes, colors, package sizes, nationalities, flavors. Some even went to high school.

PhoenixHearse said...

I'M counting that close! I'm going to delete the "place holder" post and put the new one in it's place.

Why? Haven't you learned yet how completely neurotic I am? It HAS to be the 100th post.

The CEO said...

Note to self: Phoenixhearse counts in double precision, and smile when you say it.

It's OK, I was just trying to take some pressure off. The ball's back in your court. I'll change the post.

Cindy said...

Google ads? Bad, bad CEO. At least put them at the bottom.

Itsnopicknick said...

I can't stand it when people call - do they have no 21st century ettiquette. Protocol is to email at least twice first, text and only then revert to a phonecall. And then to call a face-to-face meeting you have to have something darn important to say that couldn't be put in 40 words by text!

The CEO said...

I tried Cinders, that's where they show, but not where they appear. I'll e mail you

Anonymous said...

not enjoying the google ads...

and I agree with the above comment, "spooks" in my area has a completely different meaning, and not a good meaning.. funny that in your area it refers to agents! that is a better connotation.

The CEO said...

spoon, well typed.
I like you way you expose a little e mail there, very sexy

cm, working on it