Tuesday, September 05, 2006

We Have Rules Here

I called this meeting because some of you seem to think that because we don't have any wall paper in the reception area, or paneling in the board room, that we aren't an organized, well-honed organization. We actually have a complete set set of rules that we strictly and ridgidly adhere to with little or no deviation. You think I am kidding, don't you. Well try this one on for size. Paragraph 817L. No wood carving in the mahogany conference table. There is a corollary, no carving in the CEO.

Accordingly, I have engaged The Lawyer. I will have a lot more to say about The Lawyer in a later post, but needless to say, The Lawyer is not someone to be messed around with, for any reason. And that is why I am confident that the kitchen will be such a rampant success! Until then.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Yes, boss. Can I get you anything? Tea? Coffee?

Anonymous said...

Who is this Lawyer? Does he or she provide snacks?

Anonymous said...

Spooky!

We posted at the same time!

Anonymous said...

You're marrying a lawyer?

No, wait.


Hmmmm. I think I need more coffee.

cmhl said...

I would not suggest that anyone consider marrying an attorney. prov 21:9, right?

(joking...)

The CEO said...

Cindy, I can get my own coffee. In this company, men and women are equal.

Ali, I have a kitchen being built, You can run the kitchen. What kind of snacks would you like? Maybe some pesto and crackers?

Allan, I married a mechanical engineer, is Ali getting married? Want to break a scoop here?

CMHL, I like most lawyers, as long as I'm not in court. That's where I cry a lot.

Itchy said...

I thought the lack of wall paper meant I could color on the walls. I'll go grab the magic eraser...sorry everybody.